Highly Recommended All Natural & Effective Scalp Psoriasis Shampoos
If you are suffering from scalp psoriasis and its symptoms, there are a number all-natural shampoo products available that can help reduce the flaking and itching of your scalp psoriasis while moisturizing and soothing the scalp.
An effective natural scalp psoriasis treatment shampoo can help control outbreaks as well as cool inflammation and scales.
The primary objective of any psoriasis shampoo is to provide optimal health to the hair as well as clear and control flaking on the scalp. Using a scalp product especially made for psoriasis can help loosen the scales,which will make it easier for removal.
In order not to irritate your scalp psoriasis, it is important to use only all-natural shampoo products and AVOID most standard shampoo products!
Most of the so-called regular shampoos are not recommended due to fact that they contain all kinds of artificial chemicals such as sodium laurel sulfate [which is a known skin irritant and cancer causer], and synthetic dyes and fragrances, which will in most cases only increase the scaling and flaking on the scalp. Therefore, use only shampoo products made with all natural, SLS free, herbal ingredients.
The simple fact is that many sufferers of scalp psoriasis have eased their conditions simply by switching to an SLS-free shampoo. They have found that if you use a shampoo without the lauryl sulfate then your scalp won’t itch.
Synthetic materials used in many commercial shampoos, such as cleansers, stabilizers and other hair shampoo ingredients are harsh on your hair and scalp. Your natural protective oils and moisture are removed resulting in dry, itchy, irritating scalp and dandruff.
Note: A variation of SLS is SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE (Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate- SLES). It exhibits many of the same characteristics and is a higher-foaming variation of SLS. It is therefore vital to avoid shampoo products that contain this irritant as well.
The following all-natural shampoo products are highly recommended as your best bets for controlling your scalp psoriasis.
1. Emu oil shampoo. Emu Oil is a natural derivative and is used commonly in hair products for its ability to soothe the scalp, reduce inflammation and is widely used in skin care for burns, rashes and scars. It is a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial making it very effective in psoriasis shampoo formulations – and provides deep moisturization.
Emu Oil for Psoriasis makes use of it’s natural properties of anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and analgesia which help to reduce the scaly appearance and itching of Psoriasis. Emu Oil application also aids in the natural regeneration of skin cells in a normal growth pattern.
A highly recommended Emu oil shampoo product is Emu Oil shampoo produced by Rudy’s.
Rudy’s Natural Emu Oil and Jojoba Shampoo nourishes hair and soothes dry, itchy scalp. Rudy’s Natural Emu Oil & Jojoba Oil Shampoo removes sebum deposits that can cause dandruff, itching & hair loss. It helps correct damage caused by the heat of blow drying, perming and too much sun.
This vitamin rich all natural shampoo is loaded with essential fatty acids that penetrate your scalp to re-moisturize, revive and repair damaged cells and keeps the moisture in your scalp.
- Does Not Contain any Lauryl Sulfate or Laureth Sulfate.
- Nourishes hair and soothes dry, itchy scalp.
- Contains no Parabens, Artificial Coloring or Fragrance.
- Removes sebum deposits that can cause dandruff, itching & hair loss.
2. Dead sea mud shampoo. What has helped many scalp psoriasis patients is Dead Sea Mud. Dead Sea mud salt contains a natural tar called Bitumen that acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. Bitumen is currently being studied as an effective psoriasis scalp treatment. Regular use of this shampoo will take your scalp psoriasis condition down a level from severe to mild.
3. Neem oil shampoo. Most people’s skin and scalp is dry from too much exposure to harsh chemicals, environmental toxins, and the harsh ingredients in most shampoos. Oil is necessary and good, and neem oil is a rich, nourishing treatment. Regular neem oil treatment are beneficial for your hair in any way. Neem oil is antibacterial, antifungal and full of vitamin E to nourish your scalp and hair.
Neem shampoo alleviates lots of hair care issues such as dry & itchy scalp, dandruff, scalp psoriasis, etc. The regular use of neem oil present within the neem shampoo provides you with a strong, shiny hair texture and also improves the hair growth. In fact you could begin witnessing the difference in your hair’s shine quite soon after the initial few uses. Read more on the healing benefits of neem oil shampoo for psoriasis »
4. Pine tar shampoo. For centuries, doctors have recommended pine tar soap to treat minor skin and scalp troubles, such as eczema, psoriasis, and seborrhea. Pine tar has long been known for its ability to soothe dry, itchy skin and stimulate the scalp’s circulation.
It is a fact that coal tar shampoo products such as Neutrogena T/gel shampoo are a very effective way to control scalp psoriasis. Tar is beneficial in treatment of psoriasis by getting involved in the replication of epidermal cells.
Because of the problems associated with using coal tar products, ( According to the International Agency for Research on Cancer, coal tar is a Group 1 carcinogen), I would suggest using shampoo products made with natural vegetable pine tar as opposed to coal tar.
A highly recommended Pine tar shampoo product is Tannenbaum Pine Tar Shampoo produced by Heritage Store Inc.
This germicidal shampoo is a natural cleanser and excellent for eliminating dandruff, oily hair, and dry scalp problems. The antiseptic properties of pine tar, and the FDA-recognized dandruff- fighting qualities of salicylic acid actively restore your healthy scalp.
Edgar Cayce recommended this type of scalp conditioning shampoo for healthy hair. Nourishing Pine Tar Shampoo is an effective, cleansing alternative to harsh medicated shampoos. You’ll feel the difference as this natural moisturizing formula gives hair body and shine without drying the scalp.
5. Tea tree oil shampoo. Tea tree oil is an essential oil obtained by steam distillation of the leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia, a plant native to Australia.
Native Australians (aborigines) used tea tree oil for hundreds of years to fight infections and skin problems, including psoriasis. In the present day, its healing benefits are known around the world. The oil is steam-distilled from Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaves, a plant that grows naturally only in Australia.
Tea tree oil contains constituents called terpenoids, which have been found to have antiseptic and antifungal activity. The compound terpinen-4-ol is the most abundant and is thought to be responsible for most of tea tree oil’s antimicrobial activity.
Three highly recommended Tea tree oil shampoo products are:
2. Tea Tree Oil Therapy Shampoo produced by Jason Natural Cosmetics Inc.
The following two shampoo products are highly recommended for scalp psoriasis.
Dandruff Relief Shampoo produced by Jason Natural Cosmetics Inc. Dandruff Relief Shampoo is fortified with MSM, neem oil, tea tree oil, colloidal sulfur and rosemary to cleanse hair, moisturize, soothe and heal scalp, and help control symptoms of dandruff, scalp dermatitis and psoriasis.
Psoriasil Medicated Scalp and Body Wash produced by Home Health Inc. This all-natural medicated cleanser helps relieve the itching, redness, irritation, and scalping associated with scalp psoriasis, eczema, dandruff, and other skin disorders. The active ingredient Salicylic Acid combines with a soothing, moisturizing base that includes the following natural ingredients: allantoin, aloe Vera gel, carrot oil, Echinacea extract, and jojoba oil.